Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Rafael Nadal - US Open 06


A rain delay worked great on me because Rafa's match was moved to Louis Armstrong from Arthur Ash, so I moved quickly to secure a good seat while Agassi was playing his last professional game agsint Benjamin Becker. Why did I not stay until the last point with Agassi? As soon as the game was played, I saw Agassi's energy level very low and could not foresee him win or the game was going to be intersting. No offense to Agassi fans, but I do not enjoy game with low energy. Besides, I had to secure a good seat to watch Rafa's game. He did his trade mark scissors kicks after winning a long rally. He won in 3 sets and I rashed down to get his autograph, but there were many kids before me. Rafa was actually asking us not to push because there was a little boy who has been almost crashed. Rafa said, "please don't push. I will sign for everyone, but here is a little boy in danger. Please do not push. If you keep pushing, I will leave!" He was covering the little boy with his one arm as he was pushing the crowd back with the other. He played 3 hard faught sets but he still looked clean and refreshed as if he had just taken shower. He made sure that the little boy escaped the mad crowd and kept giving autograph until the Open security crew took him away. He kept signing even he was pulled by one of the security personnel. What a nice individual!

No comments: